Monday, February 23, 2009

FINISHED!!!!!!!!! Well Almost


I worked on my little table topper (Inspiration Sew, Mamma, Sew) yesterday, got it all finished but the binding. I have the binding sewed to the front but just pinned so that is why it looks a little wonky, turned out just how I pictured it, it is a table topper for a book shelf in my sewing room and my sewing room is pretty much vintage so I wanted this to look vintage, even machine quilted it myself (I AM SPOILED) I have this awesome long arm quilter who does EVERYTHING FOR ME, all I have to do is sew the top, take the top, my backing fabric and the fabric I want for the binding and she provides the batting, sandwiches, quilts and BINDS FOR ME, so this is my practice project and I am thrilled with the way it turned out. :)Thanks to Sew Mamma Sew for the idea. And NO IT ISN'T WIDER AT THE TOP Than it is at the bottom, must be because the strips are different widths, I looked at this photo and thought JEEZ, how can it be that much different, but measured it and it is the same width the whole length down. :)WHEW, had me going for a minute there.

No comments: